It’s Ten Things Tuesday!
Editor’s note: I wrote this a long while ago (two years??), but just now found it in my files. If some references seem old, that’s why. I’m still quite surprised I forgot a whole, almost finished post. God only knows what other things I’ve forgotten.
For “Ten Things Tuesday” (on a day that probably isn’t Tuesday), I present Ten
Informative Useless Random Things About Me:
1. I can’t find my way out of a paper bag, even with GPS. It’s true. Why I thought I could travel the country with maps and GPS and not get lost is beyond me.
2. I forget where I parked my car every time I go into the grocery or department store. Every. Time. If I remember to make a conscious effort to mentally note where I parked before going inside, I can usually exit the store, stand there for a minute while I recall the mental note, and then locate my car — without pushing a shopping cart all over the parking lot for ten minutes before finding it by accident. Not that that has ever happened.
3. I’ve never camped before buying my RV. Unless you count that one time with Chickenbone in our grandparent’s backyard. We were 11 and 9. I had fun (because food and a bathroom were nearby, obviously). But that night we found out my sister is “tasty”: If there is a flea within 100 miles it will find Chickenbone and bite her. She must give off a scent. She woke up with approximately 200 flea bites. I had three. One, two, three bites. I’m not tasty. (Zombies, take note – I’m not tasty.)
4. I’m a Glamper, not a camper. (see above) Honestly? The reason I’ve never camped is because I like daily, long, hot showers. And I like to have a toilet – the flushable kind – in the same “building” I’m in. Call me crazy. No, wait, that’s normal.
5. My hair looks best when it’s one-day dirty and slept-on (good for tent-camping, which I don’t do). Immediately after washing, my hair has the texture of a frizzy poodle’s. After washing, I smother in a fistful of “smoothing” lotions, then I curl it. It will still be puffy for a day, but not as frizzy or kinky. Then, after I’ve slept on it and a whole 24 hours has gone by does it look good. Sometimes great. It’s like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but with hair.
6. I’m the first person in my family to live on a chassis. Some family members are not proud of this obviously monumental achievement. I have no idea why.
7. I didn’t secure a sponsorship or TV show deal, but I’m not giving up. Meanwhile, the RV dealership put me in a few commercials which I’ll link to on my “Press” (laughs hysterically) page as they become available. (Editor’s note: Uh, this is some of that old news I mentioned.)
8. When I become wealthy (BTW – you can write articles and be in TV commercials and still not be anywhere near rich) I will still shop at Trader Joe’s and Target and Walmart. What’s that saying? ‘You can take the girl out of the trailer park…’ Oh wait, no. I’d still live in a trailer park, too, if I was rich. Never mind.
9. Everyone’s asking: ‘When and where am I going next?’ I made The Great RV Roll-About Itinerary page for those who are interested. It’s all fairly flexible. (Editor’s note: I’m not so good at updating it, but I do every now and again.)
10. I have no idea what I’m doing. I don’t have a plan, but I’m going it anyway. All those important details I wanted worked out before I left, well, they’re not worked out, but I’m going anyway. I just can’t wait around for everything to be “perfect”. Maybe it is already perfect and I just don’t know it. (Editor’s note: This is more of that old news I mentioned. But honestly, nothing has changed: I still don’t know what I’m doing, and I’m too
old mature to care.)
Now it’s your turn. I don’t know enough, and in some cases anything at all, about you.
Tell me ten, or however many you want to divulge, things about you. If you need a place to start:
Are you a Glamper with hair issues?
Worst Camping Experience?
How long, if ever, have you lived on a chassis?