Press. Kind of.
Don’t get too excited, I’m probably using the term “Press” loosely.
Links to some of press, publicity, and published works are below. (I don’t think the TV show ever came to fruition.)
I wrote a regular series for Yahoo! about my wacky RV adventures for several years, until they canceled their contributor program. Several of my goofy roadside findings have been published by one of my favorite websites, RoadsideAmerica.com. I’ve been in a couple RV commercials, and Yahoo! News has published a couple other articles of mine. Every now an then someone threatens to put me in a reality show. It hasn’t happened yet. (Links to all are below. Contact info is at the very bottom.)
- My travel series for Yahoo!: Strange RV Encounters.
- Work For RVers and Campers published my short article about how I make a living on the road.
- Yahoo! News published my article on Slab City, California, probably the strangest place I’ve been to yet. The article went viral. *blond lemming is feeling woozy*
- RoadsideAmerica.com, the site I use to find some of the fun and funny sights on my trip, has so far published four of my tips and an update! My new tips are Mollie’s Nipple, Purgatory Correctional Facility, and Naked Bookstore Owner. My update on the 100-year-old fruitcake now includes my Senior Bacon tip! (It’s moments like this that make life special.) (For my stories about these see: Mollie Lost Her Nipple In Purgatory, But I Found It…, and I met a Naked Man in Arizona.)
- Also published on Yahoo! News is an article I wrote for the tenth anniversary of 9/11 .
- Best of the Bay TV commercial for See Grins RV (There are several spots on the site. I’m in the first and last, maybe others.)
- Bay Area Bargains RV Edition (UPDATED: It’s about 22 minutes long. I still haven’t had time to watch it all, but my friends said I was near the end. This version may include my spot, or maybe I was cut. Ah, fame. It can be so fleeting. LOL)
I feel faint.
It looks like I will have a short segment on an RV TV show/series that will air in Northern California beginning in January, 2012.
*blond lemming faints*
UPDATED 6/2012: I have no idea what’s happening with the RV show. Not sure if any episodes have even run. I’m still in a couple of their commercials. My, my, fame sure is fleeting.
*blond lemming is now feeling fine*
UPDATED 12/2012: I was contacted by a production company out of Canada about being on a reality show about full-time RVers! I submitted the requested video and am waiting to hear back.
*blond lemming faints again*
UPDATED 6/2013: Hmm. No progress on the RV show as of April, and no word since.
*blond lemming is now feeling fine again*
Reach out and touch me – No really, it’s ok, but only if you’re nice and not a stalker.
Just wanted to be clear.
In the words of a (terrible) phone company’s old jingle, reach out and touch someone! (‘someone’ being bloggers in general, and this blogger in particular). Want to connect with me? Sure you do!
Email my assistant at thegreatrvrollabout at yahoo dot com. Keep it clean, she’s underage.
Email Updates by Feedburner – Some of you may (or may not) have noticed the Feedburner subscription option in the top right corner of my blog. You can sign up to receive my posts via email! How awesome is that?! It’s free and no, I won’t spam you. I wouldn’t know what to spam you with, even if I could figure out how to do it.
RSS Feed – See that little orange button in the top of the right-hand column? Or in the top of your browser (in the URL line in Firefox, and near the top right side of the menu bar in IE). Click on that and you can take your pick of several options for receiving updates such as Google Reader, My Yahoo, Live Bookmarks, etc.
Twitter – The little blue button right next to the orange one mentioned above. Add me, if you haven’t already – I will follow you back, eventually – as long as you don’t look like a total sales mill, k?
Comment Love – I live for love your comments. Really. It’s nice to know someone other than my parents read my blog. (Well, my parents probably don’t after this post.) I do love all my bloggy friends and readers and truly appreciate you being part of this blog!
Your Totally Shameless Blogger,