I can just imagine you saying: What? A Ten Things Tuesday post?? OMG! I’d almost forgotten about those!
For Ten Things Tuesday I bring you: Ten Signs Christmas Is Coming…
1. You see Christmas decorations for sale before Halloween. *sigh*
2. A local radio station will start playing Christmas music non-stop before Thanksgiving (yes, that happened here this year – it’s most annoying).
3. Your “fresh” Christmas tree will dry up and start dropping needles long before December 25th. (I keep watering the thing, but nooo, it’s suicidal and wants to die NOW.)
4. You will gain ten pounds of weight in cookies alone. And it’s still not Christmas.
5. You realize there are only four days left before Christmas and you still have gifts to buy, but no idea what to get.
6. You go to the store to look for the “I have no idea what to get” gifts – during the week to avoid the crowds – and realize everyone else is doing the same thing.
7. You console yourself with your long distance parking space knowing the far walk to the store might remove some of the extra pounds added by the aforementioned cookies.
8. While wrapping the gifts you run out of wrapping paper and realize you have to go back to the store.
9. You eat cookies in preparation for the long walk you know you’ll have to make from your car to to the store. Again.
10. But most importantly, some of the best light displays go up! This website shows where to go for the best displays in California (my apologies to those of you not in the area – this is the only website I know of). In San Jose they have an awesome display timed to music! BEST SHOW I’VE EVER SEEN. Check out this video clip from last year’s show.
Light displays are my favorite part of Christmas – the tackier the better. (kinda like this blog. heh)
Do you have a favorite light display in your neighborhood?
Oh, and people like The Bloggess do really nice shit like this. Warning: Her post, and the comments that follow will make you cry. But in a good way. Thank you, Jenny, just for being you.