For Ten Things Tuesday… You get a Ten Things Bonus Round!
Ten Things I Like About Being Single
1. My stuff is always where I left it. Unless the cat moves it or eats it. Very rare.
2. The cat doesn’t much care how the house looks. Probably why she’s still here.
3. No one asks me where I’m going or what I’m doing.
4. I don’t have to “check in” with anyone. Well, ‘cept maybe the cat.
5. I can take a vacation to anywhere I want, anytime I want.
6. I don’t worry about how well someone is or isn’t taking care of themselves. (This is kind of a biggie with me, being a moderate health nut and codependent and all.)
7. Meals are easy: Eaten while standing at the counter where it was just made, or in front of the tv or computer. Also means fewer dishes to wash.
8. The remote is mine, all MINE. I watch whatever I want on TV, whenever I want, every. time.
9. Never worrying about what I am or am not wearing to bed.
10. The wonderful, beautiful peace and quiet. This is priceless.
Ten Things I Don’t Like About Being Single
1. I have to relocate spiders, and take out the trash myself.
2. No one with whom to share the minutiae of my days: the little victories, the boring stories, the small tragedies.
3. No one to go to the movies with on a Friday night. Same for dinners out.
4. No one to dress up for, and be appreciated by. Lots of good lingerie going to waste.
5. No sex. Well, none with a partner.
6. Cold winter nights really suck without a warm body to snuggle up next to. (This one is almost worth repeating.)
7. No one with whom to go on romantic tropical vacations. This is huge.
8. Less material to blog about. A significant other provides great blog fodder.
9. Inappropriate advances from inappropriate men because I don’t have a significant other to warn them off.
10. @&$%# stalkers and not having a man around to do the shooting. I have to do it myself.
Next week: Ten Reasons Dating Sucks.
Updated to include my apparent need to repeat mistakes: Ten Reasons Dating REALLY Sucks
For those of you contemplating divorce, I suggest you read the above before making your decision.
What things do you like or miss about being single? What things do you dislike about being single? Let’s discuss…