I was doing research for my day job when I came across Crazy Street names.
Honestly, folks. It’s moments like this that make made coming to work kinda fun.
(I wrote that yesterday. Today I was let go! OMG. It’s kind of a shock since in my review two weeks ago my boss said he ‘loved what I was doing, was really impressed with my level of knowledge’, etc., etc. Huh. But the man was never really happy with anything or anyone. Today he said the marketing wasn’t working. Really? Which part – the increased numbers or hordes of new clients? So many in fact, they couldn’t handle them all. Probably not much I could have done to please him. I’m happy to be among the newly FUNemployed.)
Not too far from where I are (it rhymes, just go with it), there’s a street named Avenida de las Pulgas.
For those of you who don’t speak Spanish, it means Avenue of the FLEAS.
Yes, fleas. Like what’s on the dog or the cat.
Freakstreets had many more. Streets, not fleas. Well, actually I don’t know about the fleas. They may have some.
For Ten Things Tuesday, I’ve picked out 10 of the best:
1. Ragged Ass Road, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
2. Tapeworm Road, Bloomfield, Pennsylvania, US
3. Kitchen Dick Road, Sequim, Washington, US
4. Tater Peeler Road, Lebanon, Tennessee, US
5. Succabone Road, Mount Kisco, New York, US
6. Hell for Certain Road, Beattyville, Kentucky, US
7. Peepee Falls, Hilo, Hawaii, US
8. Blue Ball Road, Elkton, Maryland, US
9. Butt Hole Lane, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicestershire, UK
And the grand finale…
10. Intersection (ahem) of 69th and Cuming Streets, Omaha, Nebraska, US
And I thought Nebraska was rather conservative.
Ok, now that you’re all sated on funky street names, while your still drunk on the love, please go and “like” my new Facebook page!