I’m going to start posting five things that I’m enjoying, that inspire me, or that make me happy on or about Friday. I’m totally ripping off this concept from Tim Ferriss’ 5-Bullet Friday. (It is highly likely I am not as organized as Tim and may not post exactly on Friday. You can wait until Friday to read them if it makes you feel better.)
Tim’s five bullet points are typically highly useful mini life hacks and recommendations. Mine will be some semi-useful life hacks, with more fluff (which means a cute puppy or kitty picture here and there). These posts, intended to brighten your day, will be fairly short and something for you to do if work is slow. Or if you’re avoiding doing the laundry, like I am right now.
Please feel free to include your funny or happy recommendations, or inspirations in the comments below.
- Book I’m reading: A little known work of Napoleon Hill’s titled, Outwitting the Devil. My business coach and spiritual mentor suggested I read this after we discussed my bout with depression. Though the title might suggest so, it is not about religion. Rather,it’s about Hill’s own story from adversity to success. It’s odd to find it mirrors mine in many ways.This is an inspiring work, and a short, easy read.
- Movie I’m watching: R.I.P.D. A 2013 sci-fi staring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges. Funny shit.
- Daily practice for peace: My morning and meditation practice is about 30 minutes each time. I do the following five things, in whatever order feels right in the moment: 15 minute guided meditation, visualization/manifestation, mental gratitude list, prayer and sending blessings to all. I usually do this while lying in bed, just before I go to sleep, and again just after waking up. I find my mind is most receptive (quiet) at those times.
- Quote I’m pondering: “Looking behind I am filled with gratitude. Looking forward I am filled with vision. Looking upwards I am filled with strength. Looking within I discover peace.” – QUERO APACHE PRAYER (From GRATEFULNESS.ORG)
- This puppy: Those of you who follow my Facebook page saw this picture of the puppy I was sitting last week. Walking “Button” is like walking a cross between an over-caffeinated bunny, and a cottonball. Button is a 15-week old Bichon Frise puppy.
If you have any recommendations for funny movies, YouTube videos, inspiring books, funny or happy anything, please post in the comments!