I was doing research for my day job when I came across Crazy Street names.
Honestly, folks. It’s moments like this that make made coming to work kinda fun.
(I wrote that yesterday. Today I was let go! OMG. It’s kind of a shock since in my review two weeks ago my boss said he ‘loved what I was doing, was really impressed with my level of knowledge’, etc., etc. Huh. But the man was never really happy with anything or anyone. Today he said the marketing wasn’t working. Really? Which part – the increased numbers or hordes of new clients? So many in fact, they couldn’t handle them all. Probably not much I could have done to please him. I’m happy to be among the newly FUNemployed.)
Not too far from where I are (it rhymes, just go with it), there’s a street named Avenida de las Pulgas.
For those of you who don’t speak Spanish, it means Avenue of the FLEAS.
Yes, fleas. Like what’s on the dog or the cat.
Freakstreets had many more. Streets, not fleas. Well, actually I don’t know about the fleas. They may have some.
For Ten Things Tuesday, I’ve picked out 10 of the best:
1. Ragged Ass Road, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
2. Tapeworm Road, Bloomfield, Pennsylvania, US
3. Kitchen Dick Road, Sequim, Washington, US
4. Tater Peeler Road, Lebanon, Tennessee, US
5. Succabone Road, Mount Kisco, New York, US
If you don’t share this story, zombies will get you. (Just a little.) . . . → But wait, there’s more! : Ten Things: Crazy Street Names
There’s been enough ranting and sadness on this blog lately and it’s time to get back to the happy stuff. After the last couple weeks, I really need to refocus my attention on all the many wonderful things in my life.
Big thighs are always good.
For Ten Things Tuesday, and the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, here are ten things for which I’m grateful.
1. The fabulous thunder and lightening storm we had this past weekend. We don’t get too much of that in California. I used not to like big storms, but this one felt different. When sane people would’ve stayed indoors, I opted for a drive. I delighted, like a five year old, in the display of dark sky spontaneously lit by bolts of lightening. I wondered what happens if you’re struck by lightening while driving… Do you feel anything? Does the car stop working? I kind of wanted to find out.
(Ok, so I had to Google it for you all. Alright, it was for me. The answer, according to the National Lightening Safety Institute, is: It depends. Earth shattering, isn’t it? The takeaway: Don’t touch anything metal in the car during the storm. Bet you didn’t know there was a lightening safety institute, huh? Me either. We both just learned something new. Awesome.)
2. Which brings me to the next one: The Interwebs. How many of you remember having to look up something in the reference section of the library or Encyclopedia Britannica? (Only people of a “certain age” will . . . → But wait, there’s more! : Ten Things I’m Grateful For
For Ten Things Tuesday, I thought I’d give y’all some more important information. You know, ’cause I like you to leave this blog feeling like you got a little chuckle out of it and that you’re a little smarter for having come here.
And so you can say you come here to learn something. It’s kind of like when you say you read Playboy for the articles. Not that you do that.
Ten Things I Learned This Past Week
1. I can wear my underwear inside out for half the day before I notice. As @CardsfanClay tweeted: ‘As long as they weren’t on the outside it’s fine.’ Good point.
2. Installing a right-click/copy prevention plugin is upsetting to some of my readers. I had no idea – I swear! I’ve turned off the right-click thingy. The text that used to pop up was my attempt at humor, I don’t actually check anyone’s IP address or send them to the blog police. And NO, I seriously don’t think my stuff is worth stealing, but the thieves aren’t picky, apparently. I saw some of their sites – and while they did steal some top-notch stuff, they also stole pure crap, like what you read here. Anyway, that’s probably why everyone’s stopped commenting on my site anymore. I’m sure it’s not my writing.
If you don’t share this story, zombies will get you. (Just a . . . → But wait, there’s more! : Ten Things I Learned This Week
For Ten Things Tuesday, a Dating Rant…
Another reason not to date – the broken heart.
Ten Reasons Dating Sucks
A.k.a. Ten Reasons Not to Divorce, which could lead to dating. Just like smoking, dating can be dangerous for your health.
If you’re single, you’ve probably experienced many of these yourself. I would love to hear your stories in the comments. Considering divorce? Well, here’s what life would be like once you were ready to date again…
1. People are weird. That’s it. Myself included. After a certain age, the shallow end of the gene pool is what’s left.
2. And unless you’re still young and innocent, you’ve probably become choosy, not unlike myself. When I was 20, I didn’t know what I liked or wanted in a significant other, but thought I did. Now I’m XX older, and know exactly what I like and want in a significant other. When they say ‘Ignorance is bliss’, they aren’t kidding. The hard part is knowing.
3. This could happen to you: I seem to attract either married/separated men or those with severe head injuries. I wish I was kidding. As an ex-P.I., I’ve learned to run background checks on potential partners. There are some scary-ass criminals on Match.com, and they always seemed to find my profile. I think it’s my superpower, which is also my kryptonite: My blond hair. It attracts all kinds.
If you don’t share this story, zombies will get you. (Just a . . . → But wait, there’s more! : Ten Reasons Dating Sucks
For Ten Things Tuesday… You get a Ten Things Bonus Round!
What’s a gal to do?
Ten Things I Like About Being Single
1. My stuff is always where I left it. Unless the cat moves it or eats it. Very rare.
2. The cat doesn’t much care how the house looks. Probably why she’s still here.
3. No one asks me where I’m going or what I’m doing.
4. I don’t have to “check in” with anyone. Well, ‘cept maybe the cat.
5. I can take a vacation to anywhere I want, anytime I want.
6. I don’t worry about how well someone is or isn’t taking care of themselves. (This is kind of a biggie with me, being a moderate health nut and codependent and all.)
7. Meals are easy: Eaten while standing at the counter where it was just made, or in front of the tv or computer. Also means fewer dishes to wash.
8. The remote is mine, all MINE. I watch whatever I want on TV, whenever I want, every. time.
9. Never worrying about what I am or am not wearing to bed.
10. The wonderful, beautiful peace and quiet. This is priceless.
Ten Things I Don’t Like About Being Single
If you don’t share this story, zombies will get you. (Just a . . . → But wait, there’s more! : Ten Things I Like About Being Single And Ten Things I Don’t
This is the beginning of a new theme: “Ten Things Lists”. If I’m really organized (not too likely) and can remember (even less likely) I’ll try to post one every Tuesday for “Ten Things Tuesday”. Or maybe I’ll just be random about it. Probably that one. . . . → But wait, there’s more! : Ten Things To Do When Bored At Work